In this three-part class, Betty will help you become familiar with the BERNINA presser feet that came with your machine and also show you how to use other frequently used feet BERNINA has to offer. If a technique that we are teaching involves a presser foot that did not come with your BERNINA model and your machine will accommodate the foot, we will gladly provide one for you to use in class. If you decide to purchase one of the optional feet during the class where it is presented, you may purchase it at that time at 20% discount.
We’ll also introduce to you BERNINA's Big Book of Feet where you can get information pertaining to all the feet along with more techniques for their use.
Overview of Classes
- Presser Foot #10 for stitching close to an edge.
- Presser Foot #2/2A for stitching an overlocked edge.
- Presser Foot #5 for blind hemming.
- Presser Foot #18 for sewing on buttons.
Owners of some models will learn to make buttonholes on their machines. (5 Series, 7 Series and 8 Series owners sew buttonholes in another class.)
- Freehand work using the Foot #29 and/or the BSR foot.
- Sewing samples and learn the differences between the three ¼” patchwork feet, the original #37, #57 and #97.
- Sewing with the walking foot or dual feed feet.
- Gathering with Foot #3.
- Ruffling with Foot #86.
- Gathering Foot #16 works.
- Piping with Foot #23 and Foot #12.
- Double needles for pintucking and decorative stitching.
- Basic appliqué techniques with the blanket stitch and a satin stitch.
- Double fold rolled hems with Foot #66 and #69.
These classes are packed with a wide mix of practical applications and decorative techniques!
We provide the fabric and thread for the samples you make. You will also receive a CD that contains workbook files to print before you attend class.